Music & Entertainment
The Blues were born in Mississippi, so you can rest assured they will be a big part of the race! In 2014, runners and spectators alike can expect even more of the "Blues" with more live music than ever before. Local Mississippi Blues musicians provide the soundtrack to the entire race weekend beginning with the pre-race Expo and continuing through the finish line. In addition to music at the start/finish area, live musicians are stationed all along the race course.
Friday Expo Music Line up
- 10-11:30 am | Scott Albert Johnson
- 11:30 am - 1:00 pm | Hezekiah Early & Elmo Williams
- 1-2:30 pm | Terry Harmonica Bean
- 2:30-4:00 pm | Bill Abel & Cadillac John Noldin
- 4-5:30 pm | Chris Gill
Race Day Music Line up
In addition to the bands and musicians found along the race routes, runners and spectators alike will enjoy a day full of live music at the start/finish area in the Art Garden.
- 7-8:00 am | Patrick Harkins
- 8:15-9:30 am | Bill Abel & Cadillac John Noldin/li>
- 9:45-11:00 am | Jimbo Mathis & the Tri State Coalitions
- 11-11:15 am | Awards Presentation
- 11:15 am - 1:15 pm | Hezekiah Early & Elmo Williams
After you've rested your soles, it's time to revive your soul! The annual Blues Crawl takes you through some of Jackson's favorite music locales for more live Blues. Wristbands will be in all runners' bags or can be purchased for $10 at the Expo and on race day. A trolley will offer free shuttle service between the locations. The shuttle service will run until 12:00 a.m.
- Iron Horse| Big Bill Morganfield (Muddy Waters' son) Show is free, wristbands not required
- Hal & Mal's | Zack Lovett
- Underground 119 | Vasti Jackson
- Martin's | Bill Abel Band
- Ole Tavern | Cary Hudson
- Penguin | High Frequency Band